Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The future of mobile media


After originally watching this video in one of my classes, I decided to re-watch it after my interest on the new age of mobile media really expanded. I wanted to share this video because it really predicts the future of mobile media.

What do you think is the most interesting part of this video? I think the year 2017 where mobile phones will have instant translation will completely open up doors and new modes of business. But then again, if this happens, do we lose face-to-face interaction all together?

Yet this video suggests in 2018 government will be able to tract the 8 billion Internet users and 5 billion mobile phone users.  This will undoubtedly call into question the serious issue of cyber privacy.

So overall, how do we think mobile media will change the way we practice PR, and the way we live our everyday lives?

What is your favorite part? 

4 comments:

  1. What an intriguing post Kyla! I think for me, I'm most concerned about the privacy issues that are bound to occur with people's mobile devices. Issues have already risen with sites such as Facebook and Google, as people are not fully aware what they "own" when posting or searching online. As the mobile devices of the future seem to be more integral to people's everyday life, I am sure this will remain a problem...Also, it would be remiss of me not to mention that the narrator's English accent makes his "predictions" that much more credible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross, thank you for taking the time to watch the video! The security was definitely a main concern for me as well as many others. I also can't help but realize that people are sacrificing quality for accessibility. More and more people are using mobile applications to watch sporting events, shows, and even movies.Because of this, people are demonstrating how much they value convenience over quality. Thank you for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video Kyla! These privacy issues are very concerning! I agree that people are definitely sacrificing quality for accessibly. I can only imagine what technology advances will come in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn, thank you for your response! I think a lot of people are going to have to decide in the future how they want to protect their privacy rights. I also wonder if laws are going to be able to keep updated with all the technoligical changes! Thanks for your response!

    ReplyDelete